How To Score High On MCAT
MCAT, score perfection is technically attainable, the merits of perfection on the MCAT and go over some tips on how to get a perfect MCAT score.
The new MCAT has four sections, each scored between 118 and 132. A perfect MCAT score is a 132 in all four sections for a total combined score of 528. If you look at the current percentile ranks for the new MCAT exam, you will see that this is no easy feat.
Less than 1% of all test takers receive a 132 on any given section of the exam. To get a 132 in all four sections is very unlikely. As a score of 521 is already the 99th percentile, the number of perfect scores is then much less than 1% of all test takers. You may have heard before that a perfect MCAT score is a 45. That is for the old MCAT, which is no longer administered. Just as with the new exam, less than 1% of all test takers got a perfect score on the old MCAT.
Best ways to Score high on MCAT
1. Organize your study space and get into a preparation attitude
2. Make a study schedule and stick to it
3. Purchase or borrow an MCAT prep book and videos
4. Take good notes for your future reference
5. Space out your studying
6. Find a study buddy or join an MCAT study group
7. Become an active reader
8. Research free MCAT study aids
9. Do not exceed three full-length MCAT practice tests per week
10. Physically prepare yourself for the exam
Melissa Dimon is recent graduate from University of Texas- Austin and Former Content Marketer at Simple.com and Currently Serving as Editor In Chief For University Magazine and Edmonton Gazette